Thursday, October 2, 2008

A late post


I have been trying to write here for long..just that ever since I have returned from Bangkok life has become very hectic, seems as if Delhi is having a crime festival (as mentioned by one of my colleagues in a chat over chai) from Bomb blasts to encounters to a mob killing a CEO... to what not. Of my short professional career in the News Industry this has been the most hectic and gruesome month. But I learnt a lot, not only about the profession I am in, but also about life, society, the system and most importantly Human nature.
But this is about the Bangkok trip which I undertook (I was frustrated, I was exhausted and most importantly needed to be alone).

There are two incidents which come to my mind, rather which I can never forget.

It was my fourth day in Bangkok, had planned to go and see the Grand Palace, but since both my sister and brother in law were busy with their schedules. I decided to go alone, with their driver.

He was a few years older to me. The funny part was that we didn't realise (didn't know that the locals called it King Palace, not Grand). So, I was off to this place, equipped with just two Thai words - 'Khap' and 'Khapam Khap' and my driver, well....equipped with just one word in English - OK.

Halfway to the place, I realised that my driver doesn't know the place. So there it started - my quest to make him understand the place I had to go to.

It's kind of funny, that after an hour not only did we reach the Palace but he also helped me buy the tickets.

It;s funny, that two people who couldn't talk to each other, didn't know the other's language, could somehow 'talk'.

I still remember, when I came in the evening, the smile which my driver gave me. I knew a bond had been made...without any words.

Sometimes incidents like these make you feel that its nice to be human...nice to be in this world...nice to be alive...

1 comment:

Safura said...

Welcme back from bangkok! Keep posting!